Wednesday, March 4, 2009

too good to be true??

3 nights in a row 7:30 has rolled around and Sophie says, "I want to go to have a tubby and go to bed." WhAT!!?? okay! She really hasn't been hard to put to bed but in the last year 9:00 was an early bedtime for her. Although she would sleep in till 10 or 11 everyday... It was very nice. Anyway this has been great! I have put her to bed at 8:00 for the last 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my evening and she slept till 8:00 each day too. So yay for a new bedtime and double yay for my toddler telling me it's bedtime! I think she's pretty great! The other day she told me that, "Mommy baby Ella is my best friend!" It was so cute and got me all choked up thinking about the two of them growing up. I can only hope that despite them probably going through there teenage years fighting and thinking they hate eachother, someday they will love eachother the way I love my sisters!

The other day when Ella was having a nap I asked Soph what she wanted to do and she said that she wanted to take "Pickers".. So out came the camera and we took some pickers. It was fun and a nice little time Sophie and I could share together.


So I have been sick with a cold for the last week and my mom called on Saturday and asked how I was doing. I was trying to be tough and act like I was just fine. Truth is I sounded a lot sicker then I was but my mom felt sorry for me and showed up in Lethbridge on my doorstep at 6:00 that evening ready to take Sophie for the night. It was so sweet of her and Sophie was over the moon! We ran upstairs and packed her bags and out the door she went with absoloutly no remorse. She had a blast and the next day after church we went and picked her up. She has since been saying on a daily basis how she needs to "packa bag so i can go to gamma lubbits for seepover." Unfortunately Sophie got my mom sick so I don't think there will be any seepovers for the next week or so. Anyway I think this picture makes her look so old. IT reminds me of when we were little and we would pack our little suitcases and go for sleepovers at grandmas. It was the funnest time ever. We got to drink pop and eat jube jubes which never ever happened at our house. Anyway thanks Gamma Lubbit! It was delightful only having one baby for the night. One of the million perks of living close to home.

And last but not least I love this pic of Ella. She looks like a little deer in headlights! haha.

8 comments:

Andy said...

oh my! your girls are just the sweetest! (so is your mom, how nice of her!)

in the pictures of you and sophie together I thought "wow, she sure is a mini-Kelsey" but something about the look on her face in that picture of her packed to go to grandma's looks like Spencer.... either way, she is such a doll!.. and that little Ella... sigh, just perfect!

benandkristi said...

awwww, so cute! i loved this post, and yes soph looks so old in that picture! i love it though.

Christal said...

your girls are adorable! Haven't seen you around on Sundays lately! Hope your all feeling better soon!!!

Schows said...

Sophie looks so cute in blue! What a cute post! I shouldn't even say it Kels, but Ella is growing!

the fellers said...

yay for WANTING to go to bed...I think it is a sign of growing up...I remember when Scoty would fight it and then cry for awhile, well now, I say, "K, nigh night!" And he runs into his room and gets into bed...now if I could just get Ry Ry to do it! I love that pic of her and her backpack....and Ella is getting so big! I love your kids!

Collette and Kevin said...

so cute! hope you are feeling better. and what a nice momma you have!

JWalburger said...

She is getting so big! IT is nice when they start to tell you when they are tired, and go to bed so easily.

Lorraine said...

I got to see Sophie at church. She was with your Dad and looked so grown up. She is such a cutey.I hope to get to see Ella soon when you guys are feeling better and come home.